In this article, we will introduce the Panel Design Element including its basic functions and ways to design it.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is the Panel Design Element?
- When is the Panel Design Element Used?
- How to Design the Panel Design Element?
- You have the latest ShortPoint public version installed for your environment
- You are a ShortPoint Designer with an active license
What is the Panel Design Element?
The Panel Design Element is one of the elements found in the Page Builder. It allows ShortPoint Designers to organize content into separate sections, making it easier to categorize, label, and group your content according to the purpose of your SharePoint site.
When is the Panel Design Element Used?
Here are some of the instances you can use the Panel Design Element for your SharePoint pages:
- You can use it to add structure to your page, providing a cleaner and visually appealing page.
For example, we used panels in the layout below to make the page look sleek and clean despite the sheer amount of content on the page.
- You can use it to label and categorize content, making it easier for the site viewers to find the content they are looking for.
In the example below, we used panels to group together the flight schedule, list of employees, and documents.
- You can use it to elevate the design of your SharePoint page. It has a wide selection of modern and practical panel design styles that allows you to add unique elements to each individual panel.
In the sample below, we used panels to add a pop of color to the page.
How to Design the Panel Design Element?
There are many ways to design the Panel Design Element. We have listed below a couple of ways to create a unique Panel:
- Add a touch of color to your panel
- Add subtitles and icons
- Customize the separator’s style, size, and color
- Customize the border’s style, size, and color
NOTE: For more ways to design your Panel Design Element, check out our Demos Library. From there, you can copy any template and paste it into your page.
- How to Customize the Panel Design Element in Live Mode
- How to Customize the Panel Design Element in Grid Mode
- ShortPoint Basics: How to Insert a Design Element in Live Mode