A new and exciting feature introduced in ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode is the ability to lock and unlock Design Elements for editing Design Elements. This is very useful to ensure that your design does not get edited by other users while you are building your SharePoint page. In this article, we are going to show you how to use this feature.
NoteShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode was formerly known as Visual Builder and Grid Mode was formerly known as Wireframe Builder.
Note: This feature is currently available only in the Live Mode interface. We are working to enable this feature in Grid Mode in the next product updates.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Interactive Tutorial
- Step-by-step Tutorial
- Option 1: Lock and unlock through the Other Actions button
- Option 2: Lock and unlock through Context Menu options
- You must have the latest version of ShortPoint installed for your SharePoint environment.
- You are a ShortPoint Designer with an active license.
Start the interactive tutorial below to learn how to use the lock & unlock feature:
There are two ways to enable the lock feature and unlock feature. Follow the steps of the option that best corresponds to your needs:
Option 1: Lock and unlock through the Other Actions button
Step 1: Enter EasyPass Active Mode
- Identify the Design Element you wish to lock or unlock and click the Easy Pass label associated with it.
Step 2: Select Other Actions
- Beside the EasyPass Label, hit the ellipsis icon to show the Other Actions dropdown.
Step 3: Choose Lock option
- Click Lock from the dropdown.
NOTE Locking disables EasyPass action buttons, Hot Actions functionality, and other editing capabilities on the Design Element.
Step 4: Unlock Design Element
- Hover over the EasyPass label of the locked Design Element and click it. This will enable editing again for the Design Element.
Option 2: Lock and unlock through Context Menu options
Step 1: Access Context Menu
- Right-click on the Design Element you want to lock. The context menu containing several options will appear.
Step 2: Select Lock
- Choose Lock from the options available.
Step 3: Unlock Design Element
- To unlock the Design Element, right-click using your mouse again.
- Then, click Unlock.
That is all you need to know about the lock and unlock feature. We hope you find these steps helpful and easy to apply.