In this article, you will learn how to access ShortPoint Theme Builder designed for Classic SharePoint sites. Effortlessly create custom themes that will give you a polished and modern look and feel for your corporate intranet web pages that will enhance user experience.
Note: This article focuses on SharePoint pages with the Classic experience. If you are looking to customize sites with the Modern experience, please check out our support article on Getting Started with ShortPoint Theme Builder - Modern SharePoint Sites (Part 1).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin
- What is ShortPoint Theme Builder?
- Getting Started with ShortPoint Classic Theme Builder
Before we begin
- You need to have ShortPoint installed or upgraded to ShortPoint SPFx version 7.0.2.xx or later on Microsoft Office 365 (SharePoint Online) or SharePoint 2019 environment.
- For SharePoint 2013 and 2016 (On-Premise) environments, please ensure you have the latest public release from the Download page on our official website.
- You also need to be a ShortPoint User with an active license.
What is ShortPoint Theme Builder?
Theme Builder is one of the many featured capabilities that comes with the ShortPoint product for Microsoft SharePoint intranet sites.
It allows SharePoint designers to customize SharePoint themes for sites and pages without having to do coding or creating master pages. ShortPoint users can create custom themes that meet the branding and site layout requirements of your organization to be used across a site collection or on all SharePoint intranet sites within your Microsoft Office 365 tenancy.
When you are tired of the out-of-the-box options in SharePoint, you will be blown away by what ShortPoint Theme Builder can do for you.
Getting Started with ShortPoint Classic Theme Builder
Access ShortPoint Theme Builder by following the steps below.
Step 1: Launch ShortPoint Dashboard
For SharePoint 2019 or Office 365 environments:
From the Classic site that you want to customize, go to Site Contents from the SharePoint settings cogwheel icon or from your left navigation menu. Select ShortPoint Dashboard to launch it:
For SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2016 (On-Premise) environments:
Go to Site Settings and select ShortPoint Dashboard.
Step 2: Activate ShortPoint Classic Theme Builder
From the ShortPoint Dashboard options, press Theme Builder.
You will see the options to select between the Classic and Modern SharePoint experience within the Theme Builder landing page. Switch to the Classic option if it is not yet selected and hit Customize my site.
Note: The default selection in this window follows your SharePoint site's home page experience. If your home page has a Modern experience, then Modern will be selected. If your home page has a Classic experience, then Classic will be selected.
Note: For SharePoint 2013 and 2016, there is only the Classic option, as this is the only available experience in these environments. Press Customize my site and proceed to the next step.
ShortPoint Theme Builder automatically detects between Classic and Modern pages as you flip through them on your site.
If you happen to open the Modern ShortPoint Theme Builder because your home page is built in the Modern SharePoint experience, you can easily move to Classic by simply clicking the Switch to Classic button once you are on a Classic page.
Step 3: Begin customizations on your Classic site
ShortPoint Classic Theme Builder will appear as a window in front of your home page. You can now customize your site design, create new themes, and take advantage of this useful functionality at your fingertips.
Next: Getting Started with ShortPoint Theme Builder - Classic SharePoint Sites (Part 2)
In the next part, we will discuss the different features you get that will help you achieve the best design for your classic pages and create a better SharePoint experience for your end-users. You will learn how to:
- Modify general page layouts and your header for accessibility;
- Add custom color palettes that will be added to your color picker for easy designing of elements, backgrounds, and body text;
- Apply your preferred font and typography to your site pages;
- Change background colors and hover colors;
- Copy and paste theme templates from our demos library into your classic team sites and subsites;
- Getting Started with ShortPoint Theme Builder - Classic SharePoint Sites (Part 2)
- Getting Started with ShortPoint Theme Builder - Modern SharePoint Sites (Part 1)
- Getting Started with ShortPoint Theme Builder - Modern SharePoint Sites (Part 2)