In this article, we will explain how you can use SharePoint OOTB Web Parts inside ShortPoint Sections and introduce our new WebPart Container Design Element for classic pages.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- This article is for you if
- Inserting SharePoint OOTB Web Parts to the ShortPoint Section
- Copying/Duplicating SharePoint OOTB Web Parts
- Deleting WebPart Container and SharePoint OOTB Web Parts
This article is for you if
- You have to the ShortPoint ShortPoint SPFx version 8.0.x.xx or later.
- You use Office 365 (SharePoint Online) environment.
- You use Classic SharePoint sites.
Inserting SharePoint OOTB Web Parts to the ShortPoint Section
In the new ShortPoint Page Builder Grid Mode, you cannot insert SharePoint OOTB Web Parts directly into the ShortPoint Section/Row:
We have introduced a new Design Element called WebPart Container, that you can use for adding SharePoint web parts.
To add WebPart Container Design Element click the Insert button inside the row and choose it from the grid:
Note: This Design Element is only available for classic SharePoint sites.
Once you have added WebPart Container, you can easily add any text content or SharePoint Web Part inside it.
To add the text content, simply type it inside the Settings tab:
To add the SharePoint OOTB Web Part, put your cursor inside the WebPart Container (1), open Insert tab from the ribbon (2) and click Web Part button (3):
After you choose the Web Part from the options, click Add button to insert the SharePoint Web Part inside the WebPart Container.
This is how it will look like:
Copying/Duplicating SharePoint OOTB Web Parts
To classic pages
It is not possible to copy/duplicate the existing SharePoint OOTB Web Parts.
Once you copy the WebPart Container with the SharePoint Web Part inside it, only the WebPart Container will be pasted.
However, if the WebPart Container has rich text content inside it, it will be saved after copying/duplicating.
In case you would like to use the same SharePoint Web Part, you will need to add it inside the WebPart Container manually from the ribbon.
To modern pages
SharePoint Web Parts cannot be used inside ShortPoint Sections in modern pages.
As mentioned before, the WebPart Container Design Element is only available for classic SharePoint pages.
In case copying/duplicating it to a modern page, WebPart Container will be converted to the Text Design Element.
Similar to classic pages, if the WebPart Container had some rich text content inside, it will be saved after pasting to a modern page.
Copied (classic page):
Pasted (modern page):
Deleting WebPart Container and SharePoint OOTB Web Parts
Deleting the WebPart Container while the SharePoint Web Part is still inside it, may reduce your page performance.
That is why you will need to delete the web part first and then proceed with deleting WebPart Container.
Note: Find out more about hidden web parts (for example, incorrectly deleted ones) and how they influence the page performance in our solution article Remove Hidden Webparts from the Page.
- ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode: Known Issues and Limitations
- Adding, Copying/Pasting Experience in ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode and Grid Mode
- Text Editing Experience in ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode and Grid Mode
- Expectations from ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode Beta Release
- Migrating into ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode