In this tutorial we will show you how to switch to the New Upgrade, if you have ShortPoint SPFx version 7.0.x.xx and below.
To know more about the New Upgrade, visit our master article ShortPoint SPFx New Upgrade for Office 365 and SharePoint 2019.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- This article is for you if
- Prerequisite: Download the New Upgrade (7.1.5.xx+) package
- Step 1: Upload the New Upgrade app to Tenant App Catalog
- Step 2: Update ShortPoint SPFx on SharePoint Site
- Step 3: Run Reinstallation from ShortPoint Dashboard
- Step 4: Upgrade all site collections
This article is for you if:
- You use Office 365 (SharePoint Online) or SharePoint 2019 On-Premise environment.
- You have ShortPoint SPFx app installed on your SharePoint sites.
Prerequisite: Download the New Upgrade (7.1.5.xx+) package
For Office 365:
Get the package here: Download - ShortPoint SPFx. Office 365.
For SharePoint 2019:
Get the package here: Download - ShortPoint SPFx. SharePoint 2019.
Step 1: Upload the New Upgrade app to Tenant App Catalog
Step 2: Update ShortPoint SPFx on SharePoint Site
Note: Do not select ShortPoint Dashboard.
Step 3: Run Reinstallation from ShortPoint Dashboard
While the upgrade is in progress (the progress area is ), do NOT close your browser window:
When the upgrade is completed, the progress area will turn
Step 4: Upgrade all site collections
Important: Please, pay your special attention that the New Upgrade will ONLY work on sites collections where you did full App Catalog upgrade. So, if you forget to upgrade on some site collections, they will stay at the previous version until you upgrade them too.
That's it. Happy upgrading!