Starting from version 6.9, we redesigned the ShortPoint Connect Feature interface.
In this article, we will show you around the improvements implemented.
Before we start
- This article is for ShortPoint SPFx users (both Office 365 and SharePoint 2019).
- You need to have ShortPoint SPFx version 188.8.131.52 or later.
- The mentioned changes are not yet available in ShortPoint Farm Solution for SharePoint 2013/2016, but will be included with one of the nearest releases.
The types of connection will now appear as tiles:
Here is what you will see after the connection is established successfully:
- Sticky header and footer: we made sure that the key connection info is there even if you scroll up and down;
- About this Connection button: easily switch to a support article if you have any questions;
- Back to Connections button: switch back to choose another type of connection easily;
- Reminder to map the fields: makes sure you finish the connection process and have nice results.
In case the connection was not established successfully, you will now see a better error indication: