Before we start:
- You are using SharePoint Online
- You need to have Global Admin SharePoint admin rights
- Enable External Sharing in your settings. In order to do this, please follow these steps:
Please navigate to your SharePoint admin center. You need to follow URL like this : https://yourtenantname-admin.sharepoint.com (if you are not able to access it, please contact your Site Administrator).
From Sites navigation option, click Active sites:
Select the Site you need, navigate to Policies tab and click Edit under External Shareing option:
Change your Site Content sharing setting to Anyone:
Now we are good to go.
Step 1: Share your site
Modern Team site
Click the Loudspeaker icon and select Invite team members:
Step 2: Grant permissions to external user
Navigate to the Site settings of your site:
- Select People and groups option
- Invite user to the Site Owners group
Step 3: Assign external user to ShortPoint license
Navigate to ShortPoint Dashboard -> Licensing and assign your external user to the ShortPoint license and click Save Changes:
That's all. Now external user can use the ShortPoint on your site.