Use this connection type to connect to other site in your tenant/farm having same domain.
SharePoint Site URL Connection Overview
Before we start:
- this article applies to SharePoint Online (Office 365) and SharePoint 2019 environments only so far. For SharePoint 2013 and 2016 this feature will be released around the beginning of autumn 2019;
- if you are using SharePoint 2013 and 2016 on-premise environment, please use this workaround instead: A Site / Site Collection is not Shown in the List of Available Connections: Reason and Solution
- this article presupposes that you have ShortPoint SPFx version x.x.x.x installed in your environment. If you have one of the older versions, please upgrade as explained here for Office 365 and here for SharePoint 2019.
Step 1: Insert a Design Element
Insert ShortPoint Image Titles design element. Please open the page in edit mode, choose the Insert tab on the top and press Insert. Choose the element you would like to use. Press the blue Insert button on the bottom, and it will appear on the page in edit mode:
Note: For this article we have chosen to add Image Titles however you can add any ShortPoint design element here.
Step 2: Set Up the Connection
- Select SharePoint Site URL in Select Connection Type:
- Type the site collection, site or sub-site URL in the text box and click on Fetch lists button:
Note: If you receive the following error:
please check this article.
- Select a list from the List / Library drop down list:
- Select a view from the View list:
- Select the maximum number of items to be displayed (this step is optional):
- Click the Connect button:
- Map list columns:
- Click the Preview button:
- ShortPoint Connect: Basic Tutorial
- A Site / Site Collection is not Shown in the List of Available Connections: Reason and Solution