You are now on the second step of the installation process. This step will require you to add ShortPoint SPFx to the Site Contents page of your SharePoint site.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before We Begin
- Step-by-Step Tutorial
Before We Begin
- This article is for the SharePoint 2019 Farm Server.
- Make sure you are logged in using a Site Collection Admin account and not a System Account.
- Make sure you have completed Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to App Catalog before proceeding to this step.
Step 1: Go to Site contents
Open the SharePoint site where you want to install ShortPoint SPFx on.
Once you are on the site, click the cog wheel in the Suite Bar and choose Site Contents from the drop-down.
Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx
Depending on the SharePoint experience you have (Modern or Classic), you will be shown different interfaces.
- Modern Experience
Click (1) New, and from the drop-down, choose (2) App.
Look for ShortPoint SPFx under Apps you can add and click Add.
You will see a green pop-up message notifying you that the app was Added successfully. Click the Site contents page.
Once you are on the Site Contents page, you will see a dimmed ShortPoint SPFx icon on the list.
- Classic Experience
Click Add an App.
Under Apps you can add, click ShortPoint SPFx.
After clicking, you will be taken back to Site Contents where you will see a dimmed ShortPoint SPFx icon on the list.
Note: If you receive this error: "Sorry, apps are turned off. If you know who runs the server, tell them to enable apps", follow our troubleshooting article to fix it.
Step 3: Verification
To verify If you have successfully added ShortPoint SPFx, go to your Site Contents page.
If you see the two items below, it means that you have added ShortPoint SPFx successfully:
- ShortPoint SPFx
- ShortPoint SPFx-Install Now!
Note: ShortPoint SPFx and ShortPoint SPFx-Install Now! may be dimmed (disabled) after adding them. Wait at least 10 minutes or refresh the page when this happens.
Here is what it will look like:
- Modern Experience:
- Classic Experience:
Congratulations! You have successfully added ShortPoint SPFx to your Site Contents. You may now proceed to the last step: Run ShortPoint Installation from Dashboard.
- Prerequisite 1: Set up App Catalog
- Prerequisite 2: Enable Scripting Capabilities
- Prerequisite 3: Enable IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility
- Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to Farm App Catalog
- Installation Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx to SharePoint Site
- Installation Step 3: Run ShortPoint Installation from Dashboard