Before We Begin
This article is for SharePoint 2019 Server.
Make sure you have completed the previous step:
- Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to App Catalog
- Important: You cannot perform this step using System Admin Account. Please make sure you are logged in with other user and that user is site collection admin.
Step 1: Make sure you are not logged in with System Account
Adding App in SharePoint On-Premise requires you to be logged in with Site collection Admin and non System Account.
Step 2: Go to site content
Open the Site contents of the site where you want to install ShortPoint SPFx on
Click on the cog wheel in the Suite Bar and choose Site Contents from the drop-down:
Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx
- in Classic Experience, click Add an App:
- in Modern Experience, click (1) New, and from the drop-down, choose (2) App:
Under Apps you can add, click ShortPoint SPFx:
Note: While adding the app, If you receive error saying "You get error saying "Sorry, apps are turned off. If you know who runs the server, tell them to enable apps.", Please follow our troubleshooting article to fix it.
After clicking, you will be taken back to Site Contents, and you will see a ShortPoint SPFx dimmed icon appeared on the list.
- it will look like this in Classic Experience:
- and like this, in Modern Experience:
Step 3: Verification
Verify ShortPoint SPFx Added to Site Contents
Wait for a little, and then refresh the page. You will see two new items in Site Contents: ShortPoint SPFx and ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now!, like in the screenshot below.
If you see both of the items in Site Contents, it means that you have finished Installation Step 2 successfully. Congrats!
Here is how it will look like:
- in Modern Experience:
- in Classic Experience: