If you are reading this article, then you are probably trying to switch to the ShortPoint New Upgrade on your Office 365 environment. Uploading new ShortPoint SPFx file to the App Catalog is a requirement for you to be able to proceed with the succeeding steps that you are going to perform.
Note: Here is where you can see how the ShortPoint SPFx New Upgrade for Office 365 and SharePoint 2019 work for your SharePoint sites and what it is for.
Let's get started!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin
- Step 1: Login to your Office 365 Admin Center
- Step 2: Go to SharePoint Admin Center
- Step 3: Open App Catalog page
- Step 4: Open Apps for SharePoint
- Step 5: Delete the ShortPoint SPFx version currently installed
- Step 6: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to App Catalog
- Next Step: Update ShortPoint SPFx on your SharePoint site
Before we begin
- Make sure you have Office 365 (SharePoint Online) environment. If you are using SharePoint 2019, please check this article instead: Update Step 1: Upload New ShortPoint SPFx to App Catalog in SharePoint 2019 (New Upgrade).
- Make sure you have ShortPoint SPFx app installed on your SharePoint site/s.
- It is important that you already downloaded the latest SharePoint package in our Download the latest version of ShortPoint SPFx website, or you already downloaded the package suitable for your environment as a step 1 in the Tutorial: How to Upgrade to ShortPoint SPFx 7.1.5.xx version (New Upgrade) article.
Step 1: Login to your Office 365 Admin Center
Login to your Office 365 Admin Center page with an administrator account, then choose Admin:
Step 2: Go to SharePoint Admin Center
Once you are logged in to the O365 Admin Center, locate the SharePoint Admin Center on the left side panel by clicking Show All:
Then, choose SharePoint under the Admin Center section:
Step 3: Open App Catalog page
To open the App Catalog page, click More features on the left side panel:
Click the Open button under the Apps section:
Click the App Catalog:
Step 4: Open Apps for SharePoint
Click Apps for SharePoint to redirect you to the final page:
Step 5: Delete the ShortPoint SPFx version currently installed
To delete the currently installed version uploaded to your site, click the ellipsis button to show other options (1), click the ellipsis button again beside Share (2) and lastly, click Delete.
Step 6: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to App Catalog
If you haven't downloaded the latest version of ShortPoint SPFx or the required ShortPoint package to switch to the New Upgrade, you may check the Before we begin part of this article. But if you already have the ShortPoint package downloaded, you may extract the files inside it.
IMPORTANT: After extracting, you will find the shortpoint-spfx.sppkg file. Kindly save this file in your Computer where you can easily locate it, as this is the file that we need to upload in the SharePoint App Catalog page.
To begin uploading the new ShortPoint SPFx, click the Upload button:
Once the Upload button is clicked, a pop-up will show which will ask you to choose files:
From your computer, choose the shortpoint-spfx.sppkg (1) file. Then, click Open (2).
NOTE: It is important to select the .sppkg file, and not the folder that contains it.
Click OK in the pop-up window to confirm the file selection:
NOTE: If you are encountering issues with uploading the new ShortPoint package to the App catalog, you may check this I Cannot Upload ShortPoint App to SharePoint App Catalog article that will discuss how to fix this issue.
If you are also encountering an error message about the tenant admin approval, you may check the Cannot enable the site collection app catalog feature in this site collection because it has not been approved by the tenant admin to help you resolve this error.
After the upload has been completed successfully, you will be prompted to deploy the solution. Press Deploy to enable ShortPoint to download the latest files from our global CDN d2zzvnmppezkx.cloudfront.net:
If you are seeing the green indicator at the top, then it means that the upload has been successful.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that you will see ShortPoint SPFx in a Deployed status.
To verify if you have successfully upgraded to the latest version without any old traces, you may check Verify If ShortPoint Upgrade Successfully from 126.96.36.199 to the latest release.
NOTE: Here is an article from Microsoft that would tell you additional information on how to Manage apps using the App Catalog.
Next Step: Update ShortPoint SPFx on your SharePoint site
You are now done with the first part of this tutorial. You may proceed to next phase by clicking the article below that matches your environment:
- Tutorial: How to Upgrade to ShortPoint SPFx 7.1.5xx version (New Upgrade)
- Update Step 1: Upload New ShortPoint SPFx to Tenant App Catalog in Office 365 (New Upgrade)
- Update Step 1: Upload New ShortPoint SPFx to App Catalog in SharePoint 2019 (New Upgrade)
- Update Step 2: Update ShortPoint SPFx on a SharePoint Site (New Upgrade)
- Update Step 3: Reinstall ShortPoint SPFx on a SharePoint Site (New Upgrade)
- Update Step 4: Upgrade ShortPoint SPFx for All Site Collections (New Upgrade)
- Verify if ShortPoint Upgrade Successfully from 188.8.131.52 to the latest release
- I Cannot Upload ShortPoint App to SharePoint App Catalog