Before we begin
- This article is for Office 365 SharePoint Environment and you have ShortPoint SPFx installed
- Download Latest version of ShortPoint SPFx
- Important: During the upgrade step, ShortPoint would stop working for Modern Pages until you finish steps in this article (nothing will be deleted though), so we recommend performing these steps during off hours.
Step 1: Login to your Office 365 Admin
Login to your Office 365 admin center page with an administrator account, then choose Admin
Step 2: Go to SharePoint Admin Center
Or in the new admin center
Step 3: Select Apps then Click on App Catalog
Step 4: Open Apps for SharePoint
Step 5: Delete ShortPoint SPFx app
Delete ShortPoint SPFx app version (shortpoint-spfx.sppkg)
Step 6: Download latest version of ShortPoint SPFx
- Download the latest version of ShortPoint SPFx
- Extract the file ShortPoint-SPFx_XXXX.zip
- You will find after extracting the file: shortpoint-spfx.sppkg
- Upload shortpoint-spfx.sppkg as described in the following step:
Step 7: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to App Catalog
In the pop-up, click Choose Files:
Click OK in the pop-up window:
From your computer, choose the shortpoint-spfx.sppkg file. Press Open:
I can not add the new package to App Catalog!
If the step is not completed successfully and you have encountered a problem adding the package to the App Catalog, please click here to fix the issue.
If you get error saying Cannot enable the site collection app catalog feature in this site collection because it has not been approved by the tenant admin, check our resolution article for this issue.
After the upload is completed successfully, you will be prompted to deploy the solution.
Press Deploy. This will enable ShortPoint to download the latest files from our global CDN d2zzvnmppezkx.cloudfront.net:
After this step is completed, you will see a message on the top highlighted with green, indicated that the upload is completed successfully.