This article will demonstrate how you can configure a document preview for your connected files.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Interactive Tutorial
- Step-by-step Tutorial
- You must have the latest version of ShortPoint SPFx installed on your SharePoint environment.
- You must be a ShortPoint Designer with an active license.
- You must have an existing Document Library with files.
- You must have an existing File List Design Element on your page.
Start the interactive tutorial to learn how you can configure a document preview for your connected files:
NOTEBefore proceeding with the steps below, make sure you already have an existing Document Library with files. Below is an example of a Document Library:
Step 1: Edit the ShortPoint web part
- Go to the SharePoint site you want to use and click Edit.
- Click the ShortPoint tag.
- Click the pencil icon.
Step 2: Switch to Grid Mode
- Click the Switch to Grid Mode icon.
Step 3: Edit the File List Design Element
- Look for the File List Design Element and click the cogwheel icon.
Step 4: Connect using the connection type you prefer
- Go to the Connect tab.
- Select the connection type you want to use. You can choose from:
allows you to connect ShortPoint elements to existing site assets located on the same site.
allows you to connect ShortPoint elements to existing site assets located on other sites within your SharePoint tenancy.
allows you to connect ShortPoint elements to existing site assets located on another site using a specific SharePoint Site URL.
- Click the List / Library drop-down and look for the name of your Document Library.
- If you have created a custom view for your SharePoint List / Library, click the View drop-down to select your preferred view.
- Then, click Connect to establish the connection.
Step 5: Map Items to display
- Go to the Items tab.
- Delete all default content.
- Go to the Title field, click the link icon, and select File Name.
- Go to the Link field, click the link icon, and select Document Preview.
- Go to the Linking options field and select Lightbox.
NOTETo learn more about the Connect Feature and Items Mapping, check out ShortPoint Connect: Basic Tutorial.
Step 6: Update and Save
- Click Preview to see how the Design Element will look on your page.
- Once satisfied, click Update.
- Then, click the eye icon to see how your page will look in real-time.
- Click Save to apply your changes.
That’s it! You now know how to set up a document preview for your connected files. Try it out on your SharePoint sites now.
- How to Increase the Items Limit of Connected ShortPoint Elements (Modern Experience)
- How to Connect an Image List to SharePoint Image Library
- How to Show All Occurrences of a Recurring Event in ShortPoint Events Element