You can use ShortPoint to add full-width Sections to a Modern or Classic SharePoint page using these easy steps.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin
- Creating a full-width section in Modern SharePoint Pages
- Step 1. Enter edit mode and launch Section settings
- Step 2. Enable Force full screen width option
- Step 3. Update and Publish
Before we begin
To use the solution described in this article you need to be a ShortPoint User and have ShortPoint installed on your SharePoint sites. You should also have ShortPoint SPFx version 6.1.x.xx and higher installed on your environment.
Creating a full-width section in Modern SharePoint Pages
Here are the steps you need to follow to achieve a full-width Section similar to the sample below.
This is how a full-width Section appears on a Modern page.
This is how a full-width Section appears on a Classic page.
Step 1. Enter edit mode and launch Section settings
Edit the ShortPoint web part and navigate to the Section that you want to modify. Press the cogwheel to launch the settings window.
Note: The full-width feature isonly accessible in Grid Mode.
Step 2. Enable Force full screen width option
In the Design tab, scroll down to the Size section and enable Force full screen width by sliding the toggle.
Step 3. Update and Publish
You can apply other edits to the Section Design element and when you are done, you can hit Update, save your changes, and Publish. You will now see the contents of your Section fit the full width of your page.
- Full Width Section and Page in ShortPoint
- Part 3: Full Width Footer & Full Width Footer Content
- Known Issue: Full Screen Sections Are Not Taking Full Screen Width