If you cannot find a seattle.html file in the list of your master pages, but you would still want to use our nice modern preloader, this article is for you.
- Publishing Feature is enabled on your website.
- you have read this article about creating a preloader and generated a Preloader code in ShortPoint Theme Builder;
- you have searched for your seattle.html master page, checked this article and you are 100% sure seattle.html is not there.
Please use this article only if all prerequisites are true.
Step 1. Download a copy of seattle.master master page.
- Open Site Settings and choose Master Pages:
- Highlight the seattle.master file and press Check Out on the top (Files tab should be open in the Ribbon):
- After the page is refreshed, highlight the seattle.master file again, and click on the down-pointing arrow next to it. Choose Download from the drop-down list:
Step 2. Insert Preloader code.
- Start with the ShortPoint Preloader code copied (part 1 of this article explains where to get it).
- Open the downloaded file seattle.master file with a text editor of your choice, and paste the preloader code right after the <head runat="server"> HTML tag, as shown in the next recording:
- Save the changes you made to the file.
Step 3. Upload the new Master Page to SharePoint.
- Open the master pages list from Site Settings (just as we did in step 1).
- On the top, click Upload:
- Choose the seattle.master file you just modified.
- Make sure that Add as a new version to existing files is on.
- You can also put a comment to indicate that this is the master page version containing the ShortPoint preloader.
- Click OK.
- You will see a new dialog opened asking you to check in the file. Press Check In:
That's it! Now, you can enjoy your new beautiful preloader.