By default, a SharePoint logo does not redirect the user anywhere upon clicking. Moreover, making the logo clickable is not possible with SharePoint tools, and requires programming.
Fortunately, with ShortPoint Theme Builder, you can link your logo to any page inside or outside your organization.
Here's an example of how a user is redirected from the company's Legal Department page to the Home page of the company's intranet after they click the logo:
If you want to implement the same on your site, this article is for you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin
- Step 1. Open ShortPoint Theme Builder
- Step 2. Navigate to the Logo Settings
- Step 3. Assign the Link to the Logo
Before we begin
- You have ShortPoint installed on your SharePoint site(s).
- You are a ShortPoint user with an active license.
Step 1. Open ShortPoint Theme Builder
- In Office 365 and SharePoint 2019, please navigate to Site Contents > ShortPoint > Site Customizations > Customize my Site.
- In SharePoint On-Premise 2013/2016, go to Site Settings > ShortPoint Dashboard > Site Customizations > Customize my Site.
Step 2. Navigate to the Logo Settings
In the Theme Builder, click Header > Logo:
Step 3. Assign the Link to the Logo
Copy the URL you would like the logo to redirect the users to.
|Paste to the Logo Custom Navigation Link field||Paste to the Logo Link field|