When you install ShortPoint on your environment, it will run entirely on your sites. We respect your privacy, and this is how we designed ShortPoint from the beginning.
WHY SHORTPOINT SEND DATA
ShortPoint App installed in your environment will send data for the following reasons:
- ShortPoint License Activation and Protection
- Understand how ShortPoint is being used so we can feed our roadmap, and provide better customer support
PRODUCT USAGE DATA
We send only counters on how many times you are using ShortPoint features.
We do not send site or pages contents.
DATA SHORTPOINT APP COLLECTS
At the product level, ShortPoint sends the following information to ShortPoint licensing server:
- ShortPoint Users Information (email, name and available profile properties)
- ShortPoint License information used for activation
- Browser Information for debugging and support
- Counters on how many times ShortPoint User:
- Open Page Builder
- Insert ShortPoint Element and what is this element
- Open Theme Builder
- Use Power BI
- Install ShortPoint with the URL of the site
- Uninstalled ShortPoint with the URL of the site
- Current page URL
- Environment type (SharePoint Online, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016)
- ShortPoint version
- ShortPoint package type (WSP Solution, Add-in, SPFx)
Events are only while editing the pages, and nothing while users are viewing the pages.
Following are the events that trigger ShortPoint to send the data:
- Page Builder events:
- Connection Data
- Theme Builder events:
- Start Customization
- License Activation
- Product Installer
- Power BI events:
- Login Completed
- Login Failed
- Component Inserted
- Component Update
- Configuration Started
- Graph Login Start
- Graph Login Completed
- Graph Login Failed
- Power BI Start
- Power BI complete
- Power BI failed
HOW DATA BEING SENT
ShortPoint calls our highly secure and protected activation.shortpoint.com/api using secure channel HTTPS.
Event properties object is serialized as JSON and encoded to Base64 and sent as a formed body.
Events are being sent only while editing the pages, and nothing while users are viewing the pages.
CAN I DISABLE SENDING USAGE DATA COMPLETLY
Yes. You can block access to activation.shortpoint.com domain
For SharePoint Online: You have to unblock it only when you need to apply the license or change assigned users.
HOW LONG DOES SHORTPOINT KEEP MY DATA?
We keep your data for at least three years period.
However, we respect your privacy, and you can request to delete all your data from our systems at any time by just sending us a request to email@example.com.