If you have a theme applied to your Site Collection and want to provide a different theme/experience on one of your subsites, then this article is for you.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin (ShortPoint SPFx)
- Before we begin (ShortPoint On-Premise 2013 / On-Premise 2016)
- Step 1: Open ShortPoint Theme Builder on the subsite
- Step 2: Stop the Inheritance
- Step 3: Customize your subsite
Before we begin (ShortPoint SPFx)
If you are using SharePoint On-Premise 2013 or SharePoint On-Premise 2016, you can skip this section.
Part 1: ShortPoint installed on entire Site Collection
If you are using ShortPoint SPFx, this article assumes that you already have ShortPoint installed on the entire site collection.
To verify this:
- Go to the root of your site collection > Site Contents > ShortPoint Dashboard.
- You should see "Installed on entire Site Collection" next to the ShortPoint version in your Dashboard (check the screenshot below):
Part 2: Add & install ShortPoint on the subsite
Go to the subsite that you wish to have a different theme applied on, and do the following:
- Open the Settings by clicking the cog wheel icon and choose Add an app:
2. Under Apps you can add choose ShortPoint SPFx from the given options:
3. ShortPoint app is now added to the Site Contents. Click ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now! to open the ShortPoint Dashboard:
4. Open the Installation page:
5. And click Install:
When the installation is completed, you will see a success message in green :
Before we begin (ShortPoint On-Premise 2013 / On-Premise 2016)
We assume that you have installed ShortPoint without touching any ShortPoint feature on either Site collection level or on the subsite level:
- If you go to your root site > Site Settings > Site collection features, you should see ShortPoint feature active.
- If you go to the subsite that you wish to have a different theme on and navigate to the Site Settings > Manage site features, you should see ShortPoint feature inactive.
Step 1: Open ShortPoint Theme Builder on the subsite
On your subsite go to Site settings/Site contents > ShortPoint Dashboard.
Open Theme Builder:
Step 2: Stop the Inheritance
In the opened page you will see a warning message telling you that the site is inheriting settings from the parent site.
To make the customizations on the subsite possible, click Stop inherit settings:
In the open modal click OK to confirm your decision:
Step 3: Customize your subsite
Now Customize my site button becomes active. It means that the theme applied on the parent site is no longer inherited by the current subsite.
To set a different theme for this subsite, click Customize my site and start doing your customizations:
That's it! Happy customizing!