Custom Web Fonts for SharePoint is finally here
ShortPoint Branding and Site Customization Feature already includes 800 of the most popular web fonts on the internet. And now, you can add your own fonts as well.
Before you start
- This feature is part of ShortPoint version 5.1.x.x which has been released 12, April 2017, as well as in all the following versions.
- It is supported in SharePoint 2013 and 2016 On Premise, SharePoint Online, Office 365 and Hybrid.
- This article will show you how to add custom fonts from Google fonts to your SharePoint and Office 365 sites.
Step 1: Select Your Fonts
1. Go to Google Fonts Website.
2. Search for the font you would like to add, then click (+):
You can customize and add as many fonts as you want.
Step 2: Copy Google Embed Code for your selected fonts
When you finish with adding fonts, click the Family Selected bar at the bottom-middle of your page. The Copy the code in the STANDARD area.
Step 3: Add New Fonts to your SharePoint site
- Open ShortPoint Theme Builder: Site Settings - ShortPoint Dashboard - Site Customization - Customize my site.
- ShortPoint Theme Builder will be activated.
- Go to Utilities - Custom Fonts - Google.
- Paste the code in the Embed Script area.
- Click Apply.
IMPORTANT: You should have one CSS link at all times
That's it! The new fonts from Google will appear automatically in Fonts & Typography section in ShortPoint Theme Builder.
Step 4: Use the new Fonts to brand your SharePoint Sites
- Go to Fonts & Typography section in ShortPoint Theme Builder.
- Then navigate to any font settings, for example, Base where you can change the default font for the whole site.
- You will find your new fonts in the fonts list under Custom Fonts category
That's it :) Happy with your work? Just hit the Publish button.