In this article, we will show you how to make all your SharePoint and Office 365 classic sites responsive and mobile friendly in one click, without any coding and without editing master pages.
You do not have to create new sites. This feature will also work on your existing sites and pages.
Be prepared for pure magic.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Making SharePoint sites responsive in one click
- Bonus: You can control your SharePoint site mobile look
- ShortPoint is installed in your SharePoint 2019 or Office 365 environment.
- You are working with Classic Sites (Modern Sites are responsive by default, this is why the Theme Builder for Modern Pages does not have this feature included).
SharePoint classic sites by default are not responsive and mobile friendly.
When you open your SharePoint classic site in mobile, you will see the horizontal scrolling and the same design as in desktop. The desktop view will be used to show your SharePoint sites in mobile.
Making SharePoint sites responsive in one click
This is what we are going to do now: make all classic SharePoint sites responsive and look beautiful on mobile devices using ShortPoint.
Step 1. Activate the ShortPoint Theme Builder
In the root site of your site collection, navigate to Site contents/Site Settings > ShortPoint Dashboard > Theme Builder and click the Customize my site button.
This will activate ShortPoint Theme Builder:
Step 2. Activate the Responsive Website feature
- Navigate to General Settings > General Layout.
- Enable Responsive Website option.
- Click Publish to save your changes.
That's it! Now your SharePoint classic site is responsive.
Bonus: You can control your SharePoint site mobile look
In ShortPoint Theme Builder navigate to the Mobile Settings. You will see different options you can customize explicitly for the mobile view of your SharePoint classic site:
For example, you can redesign the mobile menu (the hamburger menu):