By default and using the connect tab, you can read data from current site content, and also from all other sites in the same site collection.
Current site: read all lists and libraries from the current site
Other sites: read all lists and libraries from all sites under the same site collection
How to read data from another site collection?
- Create new connection type
- Use SharePoint REST/OData query to read data from any list in the farm
- Save the new connection
- Consume the new connection type in the connection tab
- Very simple :)
Open Connection Manager
Site Settings - ShortPoint Dashboard - ShortPoint Connections
Create new connection
I want to connect with FAQ SharePoint list stored in an external site collection.
Press Save Changes
- Make sure to add https of you are using SharePoint online
- The test will not work on the connection manager page
- getbytitle('LIST_NAME'): will point to the exact list. In our example, it will reference FAQ list
- The left part of the query is used to select the site and site collection
- /items: will tell the query to return list items
- $select=Title,Answer: Will tell the query to return these two columns only. Otherwise, you will have a list of so many columns
Consume the new connection
Insert any ShortPoint, and select connection tab. You will find the new connection we just created there.
Should be easy :)
Let us know your feedback and we are happy to apply your awesome ideas.