Related Issues reported by customers:
- The feature was not activated by default
- The ShortPoint menu doesn't appear
- The ShortPoint insert button is not working
In a rare cases, sometimes ShortPoint on SharePoint Server 2010 fails to get activated by default right after the installation.
Now if you try to activate the feature from the site itself, ShortPoint buttons will appear in the SharePoint ribbon, although they will not work properly.
So what you need to do is to activate the feature from the SharePoint 2010 Central Administration instead.
To activate ShortPoint from SharePoint 2010 Central Administration, please follow these steps:
- Open SharePoint 2010 Central Administration Site ( start menu > "Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products" > "SharePoint 2010 Central Administration" )
- From "Application Management" Category, Click on "Manage web applications" link
- A List of SharePoint sites will appear, choose the site that you wish to have ShortPoint installed on, then click "Manage Features" from the SharePoint ribbon
- Find "ShortPoint Foundation" feature, and click on "Activate".
Now you should be able to insert and play with ShortPoints in your SharePoint site.