How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Thoughts on Best Image Size for a Slideshow Carousel?

I've been using a specific size for images that are posted in a Slideshow element on my company's Intranet homepage but I'm not happy with the limits I have when creating the images/graphics. I know there are new(er) settings for the Slideshow that enable me to show the full image (no cropping) but I'm having a hard time determining the best size for the image in the row/column layout on the page.

Can anyone help with some suggestions to determine the best size to use for laptops and desktops and what values I should put in the settings of the Slideshow elements (height, width, etc.)? I've been using a 16:9 ratio (1184x666) but in the layout I'm using, that doesn't seem to lend itself to not taking up tons of space (height-wise) on the page unless I allow the image to be cropped which then limits the space for content.

I've attached a screenshot of the layout of our homepage for visual purposes.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.

1 person has this question
1 Comment

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for your question.

I have converted it to the support ticket, and we will follow up with you on this question. 

Login or Signup to post a comment

Start a trial

Ignite your vision. Install ShortPoint directly on your site, or play in sandbox mode. No credit card required.

Get started today

World’s best intranet sites are designed using ShortPoint

Thousands of companies using ShortPoint everyday to design, brand and build award winning intranet sites.

Get started Learn more