How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Carousel - Proportional Scaling

Looking to find out how to preserve the proportions of the carousel images when scaling down the page. All of my images are a standard size, so I just need them to fully display. Guessing I will have to add some JS, but wondering if someone has done it already or if there's a setting that I am missing? Thanks.

Hello John,

Thank you for your request.

Have you tried to set the Size of the Image Carousel, so it will preserve it once you are scaling down the page.

You can set it in the Settings of the Image Carousel element.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Hi Kyrylo:

I have tried about every formatting setting I could, but if I missed one to achieve this please let me know. This site is a good example of what we're going for visually... (https://codepen.io/chriscoyier/pen/epagMP/) Except, when scaling the outer page, we don't want the image to crop down in any way. Our images have info in the corners sometimes, so we need the entire image to scale without hiding that. Every setting seemed to present the center, and either crop off the sides or top and bottom, depending. I was not able to find any that allowed for maintaining the 5x9 ratio we use, while preserving the entire image. I tried either setting the height (500px) and/or the width (900px), and various percentages. So far, no luck. Someone on our team is now trying JS solutions. If this can be solved without that, it would be great. Thank you for any help.

Hello John,

Thank you for providing us with more details on it.

We would like to inform you that we are planning to implement feature which will help you to maintain the full image on all screens.

We are planning it in our future 7.0 release. I will update you here once it will be available.

1 person likes this

This is great news, Kyrylo! We are having a similar issue with pictures being cropped when in a carousel. It would be awesome to know that the size image we put in it doesn't get modified at all. It's been a good amount of extra work to make sure some of the images look good.

Hi Kyrylo:

I might be crazy, but it would seem like it is now working. If I do not enter in any sizes it works! It appears to work fine inside or outside of a panel. This is great, because the 3rd-party rotator we were using before was not nearly as good as yours. Thank you all very much if you fixed it! Hopefully you did, and I'm not going crazy. :)

Hi John,

That's great to hear that you have been able to make it work.

I would like to inform you that we have actually released our new 7.0.2.39 version and there are some new features to avoid cropping of the images, please check this article:

You can update to the latest version following this simple steps:

Please let us know if it works for you.

Hi Kyrylo:

I discovered what I was doing wrong. I had mistaken the Image Carousels part for the Slideshows part. It was the Slideshows part that was not scaling correctly for me. I'm sorry. I was copying parts over initially and didn't realize there were two. I have had a chance to go through all of the parts recently and discovered my mistake.

Hi John,

Thanks for your information.

I hope it works correctly for you now. Anyway there are new features we have added to such elements like Image Carousels or Slideshows, which will help you fit the images you have.

Login or Signup to post a comment

Start a trial

Ignite your vision. Install ShortPoint directly on your site, or play in sandbox mode. No credit card required.

Get started today

World’s best intranet sites are designed using ShortPoint

Thousands of companies using ShortPoint everyday to design, brand and build award winning intranet sites.

Get started Learn more