ShortPoint Visual Builder has now become available in Beta version. The Beta version is an early version of the upcoming public Visual Builder release. It has all the major features and passed the most important checks, but is still under development.
In this article we will highlight the expectations from the Visual Builder Beta.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin
- Recommended browsers
- Supported platforms
- Environment recommendations
- Known issues and limitations
Before we begin
- This article is for you if you have to the ShortPoint SPFx Visual Builder version 8.0.x.xx or later.
- To know more about Visual Builder, check our solution: Introducing ShortPoint Visual Builder.
- We recommend using modern browsers (like Google Chrome) for testing the Visual Builder.
- Please note that you cannot use Visual Builder on IE browser - it is not yet supported.
- The Beta version of Visual Builder is only supported for Office 365 (SharePoint Online).
- In the recent future, it will become available for SharePoint 2019.
- We recommend using a separate test environment (not a production tenancy) to check the Visual Builder Beta.
- You may also try Visual Builder in the Sandbox Mode.
Note: Check our solution articles to know more about the ShortPoint SPFx New Upgrade for Office 365 and SharePoint 2019 and how to use the ShortPoint SPFx Sandbox Mode Feature.
- To use the Visual Builder on your existing pages you will need to migrate its content. Please check this solution article for more details: Migrating into ShortPoint Visual Builder.
Known issues and limitations
There are a couple of known issues and limitations in a new Wireframe Builder:
- The inline Design Elements are not fully supported: you cannot insert them in between two text content parts. Very soon, the inline Design Elements will be added as text editing options to the text editor.
For a workaround, kindly check this solution article: Known Issue: Inline Design Elements are Not Fully Supported in Wireframe Builder.
- In the new Wireframe Builder you cannot insert SharePoint OOTB WebParts directly into the ShortPoint section/row in a classic page. We have introduced a new Design Element - WebPart Container, that you will be using for that.
To know more about how to insert, copy/duplicate and delete SharePoint OOTB WebParts, please check this solution article: ShortPoint WebPart Container for Classic Pages and Using SharePoint OOTB WebParts in Wireframe Builder.
- Text content inside the content-holder elements is now added as a Text Design Element. All the previously added text content will be converted to the Text elements after the migration.
To know more about text editing experience, check our solution article: Text Editing Experience in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder.
- Introducing ShortPoint Visual Builder
- Migrating into ShortPoint Visual Builder
- Known Issue: Inline Design Elements are Not Fully Supported in Wireframe Builder
- ShortPoint WebPart Container for Classic Pages and Using SharePoint OOTB WebParts in Wireframe Builder
- Text Editing Experience in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder