ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode has now become available in Beta version. The Beta version is an early version of the upcoming public ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode release. It has all the major features and passed the most important checks, but is still under development.
Note: ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode was formerly known as Visual Builder and Grid Mode was formerly known as Wireframe Builder.
In this article we will highlight the expectations from the ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode Beta.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin
- Recommended browsers
- Supported platforms
- How to get the ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode Beta
- Known issues and limitations
Before we begin
- This article is for you if you have to the ShortPoint SPFx version 8.0.x.xx or later.
- To know more about Live Mode , check our solution: Introducing ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode.
- We recommend using modern browsers (like Google Chrome) for trying the Live Mode.
- Please note that you cannot use Live Mode on IE browser - it is not supported.
- Office 365 (SharePoint Online)
- SharePoint 2019
How to get the ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode Beta
To try out the ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode Beta, open the ShortPoint Dashboard from your Site Contents and go to the Upgrade page.
From here, you will find the Sandbox Mode option. You can select Sandbox Mode (Beta) and test it in a sandbox environment.
Another option is to Upgrade to Beta. You can go to the Upgrade tabs and select Beta. Here, you can press the Upgrade to Beta button and switch to the new building experience.
Note: If you have Auto Upgrade enabled, you will need to disable it temporarily in order to access the Sandbox Mode or Upgrade to Beta options.
Note: Check our solution articles to know more about the ShortPoint SPFx New Upgrade for Office 365 and SharePoint 2019 and how to use the ShortPoint SPFx Sandbox Mode Feature.
To use the ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode on your existing pages, you will need to migrate its content. Please check this solution article for more details: Migrating into ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode.
Known issues and limitations
There are a couple of known issues and limitations in a new ShortPoint Page Builder Grid Mode:
- In the new ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode and Grid Mode all Design Elements have to be placed inside the Section and Row. Therefore, adding another Row inside the content-holder Design Element, like Tabs or Panel, is no longer possible. Continue to this article to know more about the unsupported layout: Unsupported Layout: Inserting Rows Inside Content-Holder Design Elements is Not Supported in Live Mode and Grid Mode.
Pasting the page/Section templates from our Demos website or other SharePoint pages is not supported in Firefox browser. To know more about this issue, please continue here: Known Issue: Pasting Content from ShortPoint Demos Website or Other SharePoint Pages is Not Supported in Firefox (Live Mode).
- In the ShortPoint Page Builder Grid Mode you cannot insert SharePoint OOTB Web Parts directly into the ShortPoint Section/Row in a classic page. We have introduced a new Design Element - WebPart Container, that you will be using for that. To know more about how to insert, copy/duplicate and delete SharePoint OOTB Web Parts, please check this solution article: ShortPoint WebPart Container for Classic Pages and Using SharePoint OOTB Web Parts in Grid Mode.
- Text content inside the content-holder Design Elements is now added as a Text Design Element. All the previously added text content will be converted to the Text Design Elements after the migration, including the empty spaces. To know more about text editing experience, check our solution article: Text Editing Experience in Live Mode and Grid Mode.
- Introducing ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode
- Migrating into ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode
- Known Issue: Inline Design Elements are Not Fully Supported in ShortPoint Page Builder Grid Mode
- ShortPoint WebPart Container for Classic Pages and Using SharePoint OOTB Web Parts in Grid Mode
- Text Editing Experience in ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode and Grid Mode