You are now on the second step of the ShortPoint installation for Microsoft Teams. This step requires adding the ShortPoint App to the Teams App Catalog. Follow this article to proceed with the installation process.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before We Begin
- Step 1: Open Microsoft Teams
- Step 2: Select Apps
- Step 3: Upload teams.zip file to the Teams Apps
- Done! Proceed to the last step
Before We Begin
- This guide is for the installation of ShortPoint for Microsoft Teams.
- Make sure to follow Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint App for Teams to Tenant App Catalog in Office 365 before you proceed to the steps indicated in this article.
Note: ShortPoint for Teams is not available for GCC and GCC High Tenants. More information can be found in this article.
Step 1: Open Microsoft Teams
To get started, open Microsoft Teams. You may use either the desktop app or the web browser.
Find the Microsoft Teams app from your list of desktop applications and select it to open.
Go to teams.microsoft.com and log in to your account.
Step 2: Select Apps
From the side panel, click Apps.
Step 3: Upload teams.zip file to the Teams Apps
Click the Manage your apps button from the side panel. This will take you to all your apps in Microsoft Teams.
Click Upload an app.
Upon clicking, a pop-up window will appear. Choose to Upload a custom app.
Find the ShortPoint Teams folder you extracted from the first installation step, select Teams.zip, and click Open.
After opening teams.zip, another pop-up window will appear. Click Add to a team.
This will prompt you to add ShortPoint to any of your Team channels. Select any team channel you prefer.
After selecting a Team channel, click Set up a tab.
You will then be prompted to Save.
After saving, you will notice a ShortPoint tab on the Team channel you selected earlier.
You will also see the ShortPoint custom app on your Apps menu.
Done! Proceed to the last step
You only have one last installation step to go before we finish. Go to Installation Step 3: Add ShortPoint Tab to Your Teams Channel to continue.
- Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint App for Teams to Tenant App Catalog in Office 365
- Installation Step 2: Upload ShortPoint App to Teams App Catalog
- Installation Step 3: Add ShortPoint Tab to Your Teams Channel