ShortPoint Visual Builder has now become available in Beta version. The Beta version is an early version of the upcoming public Visual Builder release. It has all the major features and passed the most important checks, but is still under development.
In this article we will highlight the expectations from the Visual Builder Beta.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin
- Recommended browsers
- Supported platforms
- How to get the Visual Builder Beta
- Known issues and limitations
Before we begin
- This article is for you if you have to the ShortPoint SPFx Visual Builder version 8.0.x.xx or later.
- To know more about Visual Builder, check our solution: Introducing ShortPoint Visual Builder.
- We recommend using modern browsers (like Google Chrome) for trying the Visual Builder.
- Please note that you cannot use Visual Builder on IE browser - it is not supported.
- Office 365 (SharePoint Online)
- SharePoint 2019
How to get the Visual Builder Beta
To try out the Visual Builder Beta, open the ShortPoint Dashboard from your Site Contents and go to the Upgrade page.
From here, go to the Sandbox Mode and test it in a sandbox environment, or Upgrade to Beta and switch to the new building experience.
Note: Check our solution articles to know more about the ShortPoint SPFx New Upgrade for Office 365 and SharePoint 2019 and how to use the ShortPoint SPFx Sandbox Mode Feature.
To use the Visual Builder on your existing pages, you will need to migrate its content. Please check this solution article for more details: Migrating into ShortPoint Visual Builder.
Known issues and limitations
There are a couple of known issues and limitations in a new Wireframe Builder:
- The inline Design Elements are not fully supported during migration: inline Design Elements in between two text content parts will appear between two Text Design Elements after the migration. To know more details about it, check this solution article: Known Issue: Inline Design Elements are Not Fully Supported in Wireframe Builder. For the new content, the inline Design Elements can be added directly from the text editor of the Text Design Element. Check more details here: Introducing Inline Design Elements Feature for Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder.
- In the new Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder all Design Elements have to be placed inside the Section and Row. Therefore, adding another Row inside the content-holder Design Element, like Tabs or Panel, is no longer possible. Continue to this article to know more about the unsupported layout: Unsupported Layout: Inserting Rows Inside Content-Holder Design Elements is Not Supported in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder.
Pasting the page/Section templates from our Demos website or other SharePoint pages is not supported in Firefox browser. To know more about this issue, please continue here: Known Issue: Pasting Content from ShortPoint Demos Website or Other SharePoint Pages is Not Supported in Firefox (Visual Builder).
- In the new Wireframe Builder you cannot insert SharePoint OOTB Web Parts directly into the ShortPoint Section/Row in a classic page. We have introduced a new Design Element - WebPart Container, that you will be using for that. To know more about how to insert, copy/duplicate and delete SharePoint OOTB Web Parts, please check this solution article: ShortPoint WebPart Container for Classic Pages and Using SharePoint OOTB Web Parts in Wireframe Builder.
- Text content inside the content-holder Design Elements is now added as a Text Design Element. All the previously added text content will be converted to the Text Design Elements after the migration, including the empty spaces. To know more about text editing experience, check our solution article: Text Editing Experience in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder.
- Introducing ShortPoint Visual Builder
- Migrating into ShortPoint Visual Builder
- Known Issue: Inline Design Elements are Not Fully Supported in Wireframe Builder
- ShortPoint WebPart Container for Classic Pages and Using SharePoint OOTB Web Parts in Wireframe Builder
- Text Editing Experience in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder