TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin
- Step 1: Sign-in into Office.com with your Global admin account
- Step 2: Open the SharePoint App Catalog
- Step 3: Download the latest version of ShortPoint App for Teams
- Step 4: Upload ShortPoint for Teams to App Catalog
Before we begin
This article is for Microsoft Teams. Make sure you have completed Prerequisite: Set Up Tenant App Catalog (5 minutes) steps to proceed further.
Step 1: Sign-in into Office.com with your Global admin account
In the side App Launcher menu, scroll down and click Admin Centers:
From the drop-down, choose SharePoint:
Step 2: Open the SharePoint App Catalog
Click on Classic features on the left menu section:
Open the App Catalog:
In the next screen, on the side menu, choose Apps for SharePoint:
Step 3: Download the latest version of ShortPoint App for Teams
- Download the latest version of SharePoint App for Microsoft Teams
- Extract the file ShortPoint-Teams_XXXX.zip
- You will find after extracting the files: shortpoint-spfx-teams.sppkg & shortpoint-teams.zip
- Upload shortpoint-spfx-teams.sppkg as described in the following step.
Step 4: Upload ShortPoint for Teams to App Catalog
In the pop-up, click Choose Files:
From your computer, choose the shortpoint-spfx-teams.sppkg file from your teams package folder. Press Open:
I can not add the new package to App Catalog!
If the step is not completed successfully and you have encountered a problem adding the package to the App Catalog, please click here to fix the issue.
After the upload is completed successfully, you will be prompted to deploy the solution.
Make sure that Make this solution available to all sites in the organization is checked. Press Deploy.
After this step is completed, you will see a message on the top highlighted with green, indicated that the upload is completed successfully.
Important: You should see that ShortPoint SPFx for Teams is Deployed
If you get the following error that the App was not deployed:
Then all you have to do is to click on the app and try to Deploy again
To get more help about above deployment error, check out our article.