This is the first step to install ShortPoint for Microsoft Teams. Make sure you have completed Prerequisite: Set Up Tenant App Catalog (5 minutes) steps to proceed further.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Step 1: Sign-in into Office.com with your Global admin account
- Step 2: Open the SharePoint App Catalog
- Step 3: Download the latest version of ShortPoint App for Teams
- Step 4: Upload ShortPoint for Teams to App Catalog
- Step 5: Proceed to the next step
Step 1: Sign-in into Office.com with your Global admin account
In the side App Launcher menu, scroll down and click Admin Centers:
From the drop-down, choose SharePoint:
Step 2: Open the SharePoint App Catalog
Click Classic features on the left menu section:
Click Open button under the Apps section:
Open the App Catalog:
In the next screen, on the side menu, choose Apps for SharePoint:
Step 3: Download the latest version of ShortPoint App for Teams
- Download the latest version of SharePoint App for Microsoft Teams
- Extract the file ShortPoint-Teams_XXXX.zip
- You will find after extracting the files: shortpoint-spfx-teams.sppkg & teams.zip
- Upload shortpoint-spfx-teams.sppkg as described in the following step.
Step 4: Upload ShortPoint for Teams to App Catalog
Click New button:
In the pop-up, click Choose Files:
From your computer, choose the shortpoint-spfx-teams.sppkg file from your teams package folder. Press Open:
If the step is not completed successfully, and you have encountered a problem adding the package to the App Catalog, please check this article to fix the issue: I Can Not Upload ShortPoint App to SharePoint App Catalog.
After the upload is completed successfully, you will be prompted to deploy the solution.
Make sure that Make this solution available to all sites in the organization is checked. Press Deploy.
After this step is completed, you will see a message on the top highlighted with green, indicated that the upload is completed successfully.
Important: You should see that ShortPoint SPFx for Teams is Deployed.
You should see Yes under the Deployed section for ShortPoint SPFx for Microsoft Teams:
If you get the following error that the App was not deployed:
Then all you have to do is to click the app and try to Deploy again:
Help: To get more help regarding the above deployment error, see here: Known Issue: ShortPoint SPFx App Deployment Error - Deployment Failed. Correlation ID.
Step 5: Proceed to the next step
- Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to Tenant App Catalog in Office 365
- Installation Step 2: Upload ShortPoint App to Teams App Catalog
- Installation Step 3: Add ShortPoint Tab to Your Teams Channel