ShortPoint for Microsoft Teams has different types of licenses: Trial license and Full license. In this article, we will cover all the possible questions you may have about ShortPoint license types including how to activate them and what you can do when your license expires.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin
- Checking the Type and Status of Your License
- License types
Before we begin
- This article is for Microsoft Teams.
- Make sure that you have ShortPoint installed in your Microsoft Teams account.
Checking the Type and Status of Your License
To check License information, open Microsoft Teams using the desktop app or the web browser.
Find the Microsoft Teams app from your list of desktop applications and select it to open.
- Web Browser:
Go to teams.microsoft.com and log in to your account.
Once it is open, navigate to any ShortPoint tab, click the down-arrow icon (1), and select Settings (2) from the drop-down.
You will be redirected to the Page Builder. Click the cogwheel button to open the Account Settings.
Switch to the License tab. You will see your license type and the number of days left before renewal.
There are two license types for ShortPoint for Teams: Trial License and Full License. Check out the guide below to learn more about these licenses.
The Trial License is a free license that you can get to try and evaluate ShortPoint for Teams. If you are on a Trial License, you will see Trial under the License Type section.
During the Trial period, anyone in your Tenancy will be able to see and use ShortPoint tabs for Teams. However, only License Managers and Designers will have access to edit design elements in the ShortPoint tabs.
After you request a trial for ShortPoint for Microsoft Teams, you need to install ShortPoint on your Teams App catalog and create a ShortPoint tab on your Teams channel. You can get more information about installation in
After following the steps in the installation guide, your trial license will automatically be activated.
ShortPoint for Teams Trial License has a duration of 15 days. Once the Trial License expires, you will see the following:
- All ShortPoint features and actions will become inactive. You won't be able to modify existing design elements or add new ones until you renew the license.
- ShortPoint designs will become hidden on the tabs. You will see the pop-up message "Your trial has expired".
NOTE: You still have the option to delete the ShortPoint tab once the Trial License expires. Check out How to Remove ShortPoint Tabs in Microsoft Teams.
Here are messages that you will see across the product when the license expires:
ShortPoint Full license for Microsoft Teams is a paid license. You can purchase a Full License on the website or click Buy License in the Admin settings.
The Full license has a limited number of Designers. Only the License Manager and the Designers can add new ShortPoint design elements to the Teams tab as well as modify and update the existing ones. Users with No License can only view the content of the ShortPoint tabs.
If you have a Full License, you will see Active under License Type.
After purchasing a Full License from ShortPoint, the license will automatically be activated. You do not need to do anything on your end to activate.
The message about the trial expiration will also disappear.
Only the ShortPoint License Manager is allowed to assign ShortPoint Designers. By default, ShortPoint assigns the user who requested the ShortPoint SPFx trial as the ShortPoint License Manager.
To assign ShortPoint designers, go to any ShortPoint tab. Click the down-arrow icon (1) and select Settings (2) from the drop-down.
You will be redirected to the Page Builder. From there, click the cogwheel button.
From the pop-up page, switch to the Users tab (1) then click Assign New User (2).
Type the email address of the co-worker you want to assign as a ShortPoint Designer. Then, click Assign License.
You will now see the profile of the assigned user on your Users tab.
Here are some important matters to take note of while assigning users:
- Once the ShortPoint Designers are assigned, this option will be locked. You can reassign your licensed user once per year by emailing us at email@example.com. Kindly indicate Reassign ShortPoint User as the email subject.
- You are only allowed to change your licensed users for urgent matters including team changes or employee resignation. The reassigning of licensed users will be subjected to ShortPoint license audit approval.
- You cannot assign a shared account as a new user. It has to be a real-person account
After the Full License has expired:
- All ShortPoint features and actions will become inactive. You won't be able to modify the existing design elements or add new ones until you renew the license.
- However, users will still be able to see the ShortPoint elements you have created on the tabs. They will not be hidden.
That's it! You now have all the information you need to navigate the ins and outs of ShortPoint for Teams Licensing. Enjoy using ShortPoint to create stunning Intranet sites.