Before you begin
- This article is for ShortPoint Offline customers
- You have SharePoint 2019
- You have admin rights on the Server where you plan to host CDN files
Step 1: Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager on your Web Server
Log on to the Web server computer as an administrator. Click Start and select Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager under Windows Administrative Tools folder
Note: It is recommended to do these steps on one of your SharePoint Web Front End Server. If you are doing it on a new server, make sure to configure IIS before.
Step 2: Open site creation dialog
Select Sites in Connection section. Click Add Website... under Actions section.
Step 3: Fill Add Website dialog
- Site name: This name will be displayed in IIS websites list.
- Physical path: Enter the location on your server where ShortPoint CDN files will be added.
- Type: Select protocol to configure (e.g.: http or https).
- IP address: Select IP address from the drop-down list to set dedicated IP for site or keep is the default to use shared IP.
- Port: Enter port on which site will be accessible for users.
- Host name: Enter your actual domain name you want to use (Optional).
- Start Website immediately: keep this box checked to start site.
Click OK to create a Website
Note: If you want to use this CDN across different networks, please configure required mappings between your networks and bindings in your IIS site with help of your IT team.
Step 4: Configure Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) settings for a website
Select newly created website from Sites list and click Explore under Actions section
Create a web.config file under opened location with the following content
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<add name="Access-Control-Allow-Origin" value="*" />
<add name="Access-Control-Allow-Methods" value="GET,HEAD,OPTIONS,POST,PUT" />
<add name="Access-Control-Allow-Headers" value="Origin, X-Requested-With, Content-Type, Accept, Authorization" />
Step 5: Copy the site URL
Once above configure is done, you need to copy or bookmark your CDN IIS site URL which will be hosting SharePoint Files. We will need this URL in further steps.