Before we begin
- This article is for Office 365 SharePoint Environment.
- This step is required if you want to use ShortPoint on Classic SharePoint sites.
- The solution below will enable scripting capabilities on all Classic SharePoint sites.
- It takes about 24 hours for this change to take effect. You can enable scripting capabilities with PowerShellif you do not want to wait that long.
- ShortPoint SPFx does not require enabling scripting capabilities if you want to use ShortPoint on modern pages only
This article is not going to work if:
You want to enable scripting capabilities on a specific site only.
You do not want to wait for 24 hours.
You want to enable scripting capabilities on modern group and communication sites
In the above cases, you can Enable Scripting Capabilities with PowerShell instead.
Note: You can skip this step if you want to use ShortPoint on modern SharePoint sites and pages only.
Step 1: Login to Office 365 Admin
Login to your Office 365 admin center page with an administrator account, then choose Admin:
Step 2: Open the SharePoint Admin Center
Step 3: Open the Settings from the sidebar menu section
Step 4: Navigate to the classic settings page
Step 5: Allow Custom Scripting
Under the Custom Script section choose the following:
- Allow users to run custom script on personal sites.
- Allow users to run custom script on self-service created sites.
Step 6: Save your changes
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click OK.
Important: It takes about 24 hours for the change to take effect.
Detailed Steps from Microsoft: Turn scripting capabilities on or off.