Before we begin
This solution article is applicable for SharePoint Classic experience only.
If you would like to change the Color Pallette in SharePoint Modern experience, please, check these articles:
- SharePoint Modern Color Options, Customization and Organization;
- SharePoint Color Palette and Themes Tool.
How to change SharePoint Color Palette and add your company branding colors:
- Step 1: Locate SharePoint Color Palettes Files.
- Step 2: Create New File.
- Step 3: Change default SharePoint brand color, with our color.
- Step 4: Upload the new file back to SharePoint themes.
- Step 5: Use the new Color Palette on your site.
How to apply company branding guidelines and create any theme with no coding:
You can use ShortPoint Theme Builder to apply company branding guidelines in a few clicks and without any coding. Check it out:
This is what we want to do:
This task can be called:
- Create a custom SharePoint 2013 Theme;
- Create a custom Color Palette in SharePoint;
- Branding with the SharePoint Color Palette.
There are many articles on the internet about this, and all of them guide the user to use Color Palate Tool. Microsoft created the SharePoint Color Palette Tool that can help us build custom color palettes and themes for SharePoint.
In this article, we just need to change the default SharePoint blue color to match our new brand. We do not need to use any tool for that. Let's start!
Step 1: Locate SharePoint Color Palettes files
Step 2: Create New File
Step 3: Change default SharePoint brand color, with your color
You can do this step by opening the file with Notepad or a code editor of your choice. Once done, save the file.
Step 4: Upload the new file back to SharePoint themes
Step 5: Use the new Color Palette on your site