This is article is for you if you have:
- Installed ShortPoint Farm Solution
- SharePoint 2010, 2013 or 2016 On Premise Farms
- New ShortPoint license key and want to activate it
To activate ShortPoint license key, you need to open ShortPoint Licensing Management page and activate your license.
Login to your Central Administration - Open Configure ShortPoint Licensing Page
Paste the new license key you have in the License Key area, then click Activate.
- Activate requires internet access to validated and activate the license on the server. This is done once, and license will not need to be validated again.
- If the server is not connected to the internet, click on Offline Activation, and we will activate the license on your behalf
- If you purchased single, five or ten designers license then you have to assign users as ShortPoint users.
- If you purchased more than ten designers license, you can skip this step as all users can use ShortPoint
If your license is Single user license, you can change the user one time only every month.
Now, all ShortPoint users can use ShortPoint to design awesome sites.
All other users can edit content freely, but they will not be able to use ShortPoint
None ShortPoint Users
If the user is not ShortPoint user, he/she will notice that ShortPoint Insert buttons are not enabled with the following tooltip "Current user is not configured as ShortPoint User"
Also, ShortPoint Dashboard features are not active and showing this message: "You are not ShortPoint User"