How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Answered

Search Connector

I want to connect to SharePoint Search to show Latest and Popular documents from current site. Is there any help material/tutorial available?

Best Answer

Hi Muhammad,

ShortPoint fully supports SharePoint REST APIs including Search REST Queries, User Profiles and more.

These are few steps on how to create the new connection using SharePoint REST APIs:

Using SharePoint REST APIs to get Latest Documents

STEP 1: THE REST API

your_site_address/_api/lists/getbytitle('Document List Name')/items?$top=5&$orderby=Modified desc

Document List Name: Is the name the document list.

$top=5: To get only 5

$orderby=Modified: Sort the list by the modified date

STEP 2: Create New REST API Connection Type

Use any ShortPoint, open Connect Tab, Select REST API and the paste the API in the REST API URL box. Then click Connect

STEP 3: Map the results metadata (columns) with ShortPoint options

In this example, I only need to show document title and add the document link

STEP 4: Preview and Save

That's it :)

This is the document library, sorted by modified date

Hope this will help.

1 person has this question

Answer

Hi Muhammad,

ShortPoint fully supports SharePoint REST APIs including Search REST Queries, User Profiles and more.

These are few steps on how to create the new connection using SharePoint REST APIs:

Using SharePoint REST APIs to get Latest Documents

STEP 1: THE REST API

your_site_address/_api/lists/getbytitle('Document List Name')/items?$top=5&$orderby=Modified desc

Document List Name: Is the name the document list.

$top=5: To get only 5

$orderby=Modified: Sort the list by the modified date

STEP 2: Create New REST API Connection Type

Use any ShortPoint, open Connect Tab, Select REST API and the paste the API in the REST API URL box. Then click Connect

STEP 3: Map the results metadata (columns) with ShortPoint options

In this example, I only need to show document title and add the document link

STEP 4: Preview and Save

That's it :)

This is the document library, sorted by modified date

Hope this will help.

I can show document library contents but link is not working. I have used #ServerRedirectedEmbedUrl in link, it would be nice if all insertable properties comes in field selection dropdown.

Thank you Muhammad for your feedback.

#ServerRedirectedEmbedUrl is not returning the url of the document? Or it is returning the correct value but when mapped with link option in ShortPoint, it is not working?

>> it would be nice if all insertable properties comes in field selection dropdown.

can you please explain more?

Login or Signup to post a comment

Start a trial

Ignite your vision. Install ShortPoint directly on your site, or play in sandbox mode. No credit card required.

Get started today

World’s best intranet sites are designed using ShortPoint

Thousands of companies using ShortPoint everyday to design, brand and build award winning intranet sites.

Get started Learn more